400 million Indians have no access to electricity. Expanding electrification and scaling up electricity services is critical to both the economic and social development of India. The current state of electricity services across India can be said to be acute, if not in a crisis mode. The immediate manifestations of this crisis are severe shortcomings in:
- Access to electricity for rural and urban poor
- Generation capacity that cannot meet peak demand and
- Reliability of supply, in terms of predictability of outages and quality of power supply
Canyon is deeply involved in the cause of contributing and improving the rural power scenario. We envision in the following schemes:
- Being a part of Decentralized Distributed Generation Scheme of MoP under RGGVY scheme, where we prepare DPR for a particular village (s) and help executing the same with technical tie-up with technology provider
- Remote Village Electrification Programme of MNRE in which remote villages are to be electrified through various RE applications, such as, Small Solar PV plant, Biomass plant, Small hydro plant depending upon the feasibility.
- Village Energy Security Programme (VESP), in which we spot a village and propose the electrification to state nodal agency for approval from MNRE. Then we start implementing the project along with the villagers and technology provider